Site Managers for a Youth Leadership Nonprofit (Dominican Republic)
Job Description – Site Manager
San Juan de la Maguana, Bonao, San Cristóbal or Constanza, Dominican Republic
Global Glimpse is looking for TALENTED, ENTHUSIASTIC, CREATIVE LEADERS to develop and execute 3-week education, leadership and service-immersion programs for American high school students in the Dominican Republic.
Global Glimpse is a non-profit organization that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through immersion in the developing world. We believe that exposure to different countries, cultures, and people provide important perspective and drive young people to take action to better their world together. Since Protected content , Global Glimpse has provided over Protected content with the opportunity to learn about the powerful history, passionate people, natural beauty, and complexity of Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
Site Managers will live and work in one of our four headquarter cities for seven months while developing and facilitating a transformational summer travel experience for diverse North American high school students. One Site Manager per site will work under the Dominican Republic Country Director to create and execute three-week itineraries for three delegations of students focused on global education, service learning, and leadership.
Each delegation is comprised of Protected content , two travelling educators and an in-country Site Manager and a Program Coordinator (May – August). Site Managers will receive approximately 3+ weeks of initial and follow-up training. The position runs from February through the end of August Protected content .
Site Managers gain skills and experience benefiting careers in the private and non-profit sectors, international development and education. Beyond a job, this is an opportunity to change the lives of youth and inspire them to become responsible global citizens who take action to better their world.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
February to May – Training & Program Development
• Learn and practice program development tools, techniques, policies and procedures
• Network in local communities, set-up field trips, speakers and educational activities
• Partner with local organizations to establish service-learning activities
• Develop a fully detailed plan for the delegations (arriving in June, July and August)
• Use financial resources responsibly and spend wisely to ensure all activities are within budget
• Manage all program logistics (food, transportation, accommodation, health, safety and relationship with providers)
• Identify and train local youth ambassadors to support the students and staff
• Assist in training and managing a Program Coordinator that will support the summer program (May- August)
June, July and August- Program Execution
• Execute the 3-week itineraries you built with the support of a Program Coordinator
• Attend to all participant needs. Global Glimpse staff is on call 24/7 while students are in country
• Ensure US students and leaders have a meaningful, inspirational, fun, safe and educational experience in the Dominican Republic.
• Mentoring: Guide personal development in participants and Program Coordinator
• Problem-solve changes in schedules and address emergencies
• Manage delegation budgets and track all delegation expenses.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
• Bilingual: 100% English and Spanish fluency (written and verbal)
• Strong time management skills. Always on time and self-motivated, detail oriented.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills to elaborate Excel spread sheets and documents in Word and Google Docs.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Experience working with diverse populations and ability to build and maintain community relationships
• Strong team player
• Enjoys working with and teaching youth
• Committed, flexible to job needs
• Experience working in educational travel settings preferred, but not required
• Experience managing budgets preferred but not required
• Experience living and working in the developing world, preferably Dominican Republic (for foreign applicants) with a network in one of our headquarter cities (for Dominican applicants)
• Experience with oral translating (Spanish- English) preferable but not required
• Experience working with a multicultural staff team (management experience preferred)
Compensation: USD $550/ month
• $100/ month housing allowance
• Prepaid telephone for work-related purposes
• Advanced Wilderness First Aid Course included (valid 2 years)
• All food and transport with students is included during the summer
THIS POSITION IS NOT RIGHT FOR EVERYONE and requires committed individuals who can dedicate their full efforts to the program and are ready to learn. To apply, please email your CV and a letter of interest (no less than a page long) detailing your qualifications and interest in the position. Please send your information in English (if you are Dominican living in the DR) or Spanish (for foreign applicants) to Protected content by December 1st, Protected content .
To learn more about Global Glimpse and this position visit our website: Protected content