Seeking External Project Manager (Dresden)
Cascade Microtech is a semiconductor test equipment manufacturer who develops products used in leading-edge research and development. We are a global company with engineering and manufacturing facilities in Beaverton, Oregon and Dresden, Germany as well as sales offices in Japan, Singapore, Taiwan and China. We are looking for an experienced project manager to help facilitate the development of new products. Historically the project management responsibility for new products has resided on the shoulders of the engineering management team. We realize that to successfully launch new products we need to take a more cross-functional approach to project management to ensure requirements are met and buy-in from all stakeholders obtained. We are looking for a project manager who will facilitate all facets of new product development between Marketing, Engineering, Operations, IT and Sales/Service.
Director of Program Management Office
Travel between our facilities in Dresden, Germany and Beaverton, Oregon may be required.
• Ability to execute the 42 processes of Project Management to manage development projects end-to-end:
o Project charters
o Stakeholder analysis & project org responsibilities
o Plans, budgets, schedules
o Risk assessment and mitigation
o Vendor procurement contracts
o Stakeholder management of expectations
o Requirements and scope
o Change management
o Project closure
• Project updates (weekly via email, monthly via presentation)
• Management of task/issue resolution
• Use of influencing skills to gain team alignment and support
• Support and improvement of our Develop Product Procedure (NPI processes)
• Bachelors degree in Engineering/Business
• 10 years experience in project management
• PMP certification
• MBA/MS Engineering management degree would be a plus.
• Broad design/manufacturing engineering knowledge, development and production processes.
• Fluency in English and German
Length of Term
1 Year required, longer if needed