Join now

BD / PR Manager with 7+ yrs in Iraq & Afghanistan (Dubai)

I'm currently in Dubai & looking for my next job in the Middle East region. 7+ years of Iraq experience, plus recent Afghanistan experience. Available immediately for short-term or long-term work worldwide, flexible as to role / location.

Strengths include Business Development / Public Relations / Marketing / Communications. You can view my professional profile on LinkedIn at Protected content

17 years of experience implementing successful Strategic Communications / Community Outreach programs. I also have extensive Program Operations Analysis / Project Reporting experience.

Open to positions outside these fields as well -- For example, recent consulting assignments have included Business Development in Afghanistan and Acquisition Project Management in Iraq. Strong leader with experience managing Protected content staff. Natural networker with top-notch people skills. Social media expert.

My professional network in the MEA region includes 1, Protected content in Iraq, Protected content in the UAE, and Protected content in Afghanistan, both expat & local national. This network is the hard-won result of several years forging essential peer-to-peer and interagency relationships, and it enables unparalleled access to decision-makers, information and resources throughout the region.

While in Iraq, I've had constant interaction with several Iraqi ministries and key Iraqi leaders at both a local & national level. This includes two-and-a-half years supporting USAID programs, to include working with NGOs, and two years working in Iraq’s Electricity sector. My passion is linking people, organizations and ideas together, a challenging task I find both enjoyable and rewarding.

HIGHLY-EXPERIENCED EXPAT: Five continents & 20 countries to date, including Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Jordan, Turkey, Netherlands, Bosnia, Hungary, Germany, Latvia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, Jamaica, and South Africa.

I specialize in: Business Development | Public Relations | Public Affairs | Strategic Communications | Corporate Communications | Community Outreach | Community Relations | Media Outreach | Media Relations | Media Analysis | Marketing | Marking & Branding | Social Media | Civil Affairs | Program Analysis | Project Reporting | Project Management | Capacity Development | Training

My subject matter expertise includes:

• Business Development (Afghanistan & Iraq) – My extensive network of personal and professional contacts throughout the MEA region is the hard-won result of several years forging essential peer-to-peer and interagency relationships, and it enables unparalleled access to key decision-makers, information and resources.

• Public Affairs / Public Relations / Communications / Outreach (7 years in Iraq, 17 years overall) Demonstrated performance in highly-visible external communications roles aimed at facilitating positive perception and credibility amongst host country nationals, local & international media, as well as U.S. or foreign military, civilian and government entities. Published writer and photographer.

• Writing / Editing / Desktop Publishing (7 years in Iraq, 20 years overall) – Expert at creating compelling, professional-quality products geared to reach target audiences with the desired messaging.

• Program Analysis / Project Reporting (7 years in Iraq) – Technical and organizational expertise in research & reporting. Skilled at collecting and transforming large amounts of complex data from multiple sources into usable, concise reports and presentations appropriate for dissemination to diverse audiences. Experienced in working with sensitive information or intelligence requiring heightened operational security (OPSEC) awareness.

• Civil Affairs (Iraq) – Frequently forge collaboration between contractors, government officials, non-governmental organizations, U.S. and foreign military, local nationals, and other parties in order that they might work towards a common goal. Excellent social and outreach skills have enabled the successful implementation of several grassroots donation programs and charity fundraising activities to “win hearts and minds” and encourage goodwill in local communities.

• Capacity Development (Iraq) – Strong familiarity with capacity development training programs for local nationals. Developed processes for documenting training activities and maintained databases used to capture and track ongoing training.

On a personal level, I am known for my strong people skills and I have a natural knack for connecting those with varying interests and helping them work towards a common goal, a task I find a rewarding challenge. I am a self-starter, think quickly on my feet, am extremely adaptable, and work well with limited resources in stressful environments. I am not daunted by long hours, hard work, tight deadlines or difficult living conditions.

Jenna Bisenius
E-mail: Protected content
Dubai Cell: Protected content email before calling)
View My Professional Profile on LinkedIn:
Protected content