Brand Manager’s Job Description
The Brand Manager will play an integral role in the growth of our licensing business in MENA region.
Reporting to the regional Licensing Director, he/she will take an active role in all aspects of the licensing business. The Manager will work alongside the Licensing Director to identify and pitch potential licensing partners. The Brand Manager is responsible for leading and managing one or more of our kids and youth brands. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, small, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective, collaborative teamwork.
1. Brand Plan Development - develop a plan that achieves company targets. This will include, but is not limited to, advertising, program/promotions, and research. Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies/vendors and internal resources to drive superior market results.
2. Program management and execution - manage the day-to-day logistics of the brand programs. Owns timeline management, budget, and program analysis.
3. New product development – utilize consumer-driven insights to drive long-term growth of the brands. Translates insights into profitable product innovations. Develops selling proposition and sufficient launch support plans to retail.
4. Market Analysis - provide consumption based data analysis for the brand. Provide insight and support to the enterprise to better understand market trends and dynamics. Also, identify opportunities in markets where there are unmet needs.
5. Business Forecasting/Results - work with sales, demand planning, and contract vendors to generate accurate volume forecasts. Deliver results for the brand level P&L focusing on net sales and brand contribution.
6. Sales – provide the sales organization with presentation materials for retailer presentations using category management best practices.
7. Lead licensee “pitch” meetings.
8. Develop and implement a process for asset delivery to licensed partners.
9. Process all inbound product approvals and coordinate approvals across various internal teams including Production, Legal, Creative and Marketing.
10. Track licensee line plans and generate regular updates to the Marketing/Executive team.
11. Identify market trends and category opportunities for licensing and promotional use.
12. Prepare and submit for new licenses, ensuring appropriate follow ups are made when necessary.
13. Update, maintain and organize our licensing database.
14. Working closely with our accounting department to ensure their needs are met and quarterly royalty reports are submitted in a timely and efficient manner in a way that works for them.
15. Support senior leadership team with special projects, as needed.
1. Strategic Leadership - ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability.
2. Analytical - ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans.
3. Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
4. Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
5. Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
6. Proven track record in managing product development/ B2B sells and at least 5 years’ experience in sales (Kids and Youth Entertainment Licensing is preferred).
Monthly salary USD Protected content .
Please send your cv to Protected content to schedule the interview.