Calculation Engineer - UAE (Dubai)
Preparation of calculation notes to the required industry standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform calculations and analysis.
• Ensure timely delivery of the calculation notes from subcontractors, verify that the calculation notes are in accordance with the applicable standards (AISC, ABS, DNV, etc.),
• Review and assess calculation notes prepared by subcontractors when applicable.
• Attend site visit and produce Site Visit Report in order to verify and confirm structural works requirement as per specification and drawings related to the project.
• Review, check, and verify all structural drawings, and documents related to project.
• Produce Material Take-Off and Material Requisition for Structural discipline related to project.
• Finalize material, and size of structure for fabrication.
• Using drafting software to implement changes to documents if needed.
• Assist the project engineers during the preliminary studies, procurement, and installation phases.
Qualification and Knowledge
• Minimum of Protected content of experience in the field
• Engineering degree or other related. (only western educated candidates)
• STAAD, ABAQUS, AUTOCAD
• Good understanding of Engineering, Oil and Gas related technical requirements, and common / best practices.
• Technical knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural)
• Understanding of related standards AISC (WSD/LRFD), API-RP-2A, ASME.
• Familiar with third party inspectorates such as DNV, ABS, Lloyds in relation to structural and piping design.
• Project Management – Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing on the critical priorities.
• Data Analysis and Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to analyze and understand data and information quickly.
• Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
Please share CV's on Protected content