Join now

China's "Belt and Road" Initiatives (Dubai)

Views

As requested by many expats friends who are interested to know more about China's "Belt and Road" initiative. I am planning to organize a co-event of Chinese Business Council with other organizations in UAE who has business relationship currently with China or Chinese companies in UAE. I would like to invite Chinese experts in economics and different industries to be honorable guests and give a small talk about the trend and forecast of "Belt and Road" Initiatives from Chinese perspective. Please feel free to connect with me and join us at the planning stage :-) After Ramadan in September, sounds like a good timing.

Information: The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road, also known as the Belt and Road Initiative (B&R) and The Belt and Road (B&R), is a development strategy proposed by Chinese President Xi Jinping that focuses on connectivity and cooperation between Eurasian countries, primarily the People's Republic of China, the land-based "Silk Road Economic Belt" (SREB) and the oceangoing "Maritime Silk Road" (MSR). The strategy underlines China's push to take a larger role in global affairs, and the desire to coordinate manufacturing capacity with other countries in areas such as steel manufacturing. It was unveiled in September and October Protected content announcements revealing the SREB and MSR, respectively. It was also promoted by Premier Li Keqiang during the State visit in Asia and Europe.

The Belt and Road initiative is geographically structured along 6 corridors, and the maritime silk road.
New Eurasian Land Bridge, running from Western China to Western Russia
China–Mongolia–Russia Corridor, running from Northern China to Eastern Russia
China–Central Asia–West Asia Corridor, running from Western China to Turkey
China–Indochina Peninsula Corridor, running from Southern China to Singapore
Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar Corridor, running from Southern China to India
China–Pakistan Corridor, running from South-Western China to Pakistan
Maritime Silk Road, running from the Chinese Coast through Singapore to the Mediterranean

Dubai Forum

Our Global Partners