The role will be responsible for leading the strategic and business planning of the Production business. You will deliver the Production Management strategy that supports the day to management of productions but also the longer-term objectives for growth and efficiency. This will include shaping and planning production activity, developing and implementing the production of content for the channel and increase audience figures, securing key rights and talent, managing financial and operational risk and driving business levels.
This is a senior role within the management structure. It will have specific accountability for production management of all network output for live TV, but will also contribute at a senior level to the overall management and leadership.
• Leading strategic and business planning for the Production business
• Driving innovation and digital / convergence strategy
• Responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance against objectives and key performance indicators.
• Responsible for engaging with Future Media and Technology staff in shaping and planning technology projects, championing rationale to ensure smooth deployment and adoption of production related technology.
• Plays a key role in the conceptualization, formulation, development, and execution of production content and content adaptability.
• Develop techniques and on air strategies that will enable the company to maximise sales opportunities and drive viewership to the TV channel.
• Accountable for consistency of approach in scheduling, budgeting and managing productions across the production base in line with relevant frameworks and requirements.
• Responsible for leading or supporting negotiations for on-air talent and key contributors where necessary.
• Manage the producers to ensure the live programming is executed to the highest standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Media Production or relevant
• Around 10 years of TV Production experience (Live TV experience will be preferred)
• Fluent in Arabic & English (Native Arab National)
• Extensive experience of production and production management across a broad range of outputs and of managing a significant production area or business.
• Must have a strong knowledge of, and relationships with, key players in media production industry, including emerging talent, agents, production companies, producers, writers, etc.
• Proven experience of effective participation in major programmes; experience of running portfolios of projects; experience of managing dependencies and trade-offs between projects.
• Considerable experience of long-term planning and leading people, teams and resources around complex schedules and budgets.
• Advanced influencing and negotiating skills - able to influence development of policies, major projects, and negotiations with talent and various types of supplier and resources.
• Excellent business and finance skills. Proven business planning skills - able to develop and manage major business cases and associated budgets.
• Understands the potential of new technologies and systems and considers the impact of their introduction in production.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
Please share CV's on Protected content