Join now

MTV'S TRUE LIFE: I'M LIVING IN DUBAI CASTING CALL (Dubai)

Hi there ~

I work for MTV News & Documentaries in New York, and I'm currently researching a new round of episodes for MTV's long-running series, True Life. We're currently exploring the idea of a True Life: I’m Living in Dubai, featuring young people who are either living or will be living in Dubai over the course of the next six months. We are interested in hearing from people with all kinds of stories, from a young person attending school in Dubai, locals whose customs and traditions are threatened by the rising popularity of Western customs, expatriates who are struggling to adopt Arab customs, a young person whose family is moving to Dubai as the result of a corporate relocation, a group of friends planning an exciting first time trip to Dubai, and everything in-between. Can you help us put out our call for stories?

We would like to get the word out to people in our age range Protected content , roughly, though anyone who appears younger than 28 is welcome to submit their story) who might be interested in possibly sharing their story and ultimately participating in a documentary project that would follow as they navigate whatever conflict, tension, obstacle, or decision they are facing because of or related to living in Dubai.

I have attached a flier detailing what we are looking for, and if you could help us by forwarding, posting, or printing and hanging it up anywhere you feel is appropriate, we'd be grateful.

Let me know and thanks for any assistance you can provide… if there is anyone else you think I should contact about this project, or if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with me at Protected content by email at Protected content .

Best regards,
Brooke Crittendon
Series Associate Producer
True Life

TRUE LIFE: I’M LIVING IN DUBAI

Are you a foreign student studying in Dubai at either an American or local institution, or teaching abroad in Dubai? Are you a local who finds the ever increasing foreign presence in the city a threat to your traditional customs? Are you an expatriate who does not identify with the mostly Arabic customs and laws? Are you or a family member relocating to Dubai for business and feeling unsure about calling Dubai your new home? Or are you simply planning an exciting vacation to Dubai to take part in one of its many festivals, celebrations, or tourist attractions? If you currently live in or will be visiting Dubai, and you believe your experience there is or will be unique culturally, MTV wants to hear from you.

If you appear to be between the ages of 16 and 28, and you think that you have an interesting story to tell the world about your experiences as either a native, local or visitor to Dubai, email us at Protected content with all of the details. Please be sure to include your name, location, phone number and a photo, if possible.

Dubai Forum

Our Global Partners