Join now

THIS SITE/ GROUP HAS GOT IT ALL WRONG (Dubai)

Views

I joined up to InterNations yesterday and posted a thread about the new American Football League in the UAE as a way to reach out to all those interested in the sport.

We are a not-for-profit organisation run entirely by volunteers (I have worked for 5mths full time on the project without earning a dirham!). It is managed by a small group of individuals who have all dedicated their time to building something for the community to enjoy.

The InterNations 'Quality Assurance Team' removed my post today claiming that it infringed the rules as it was promoting a business. If inviting expats to join a sports team/ league isn't exactly the kind of thing that sites like this should be used for then I don't know what is?!

I think they should be more concerned with the number of members on here who seem to think that sending 'twinkles' to a complete stranger is acceptable. I didn't realise that I'd inadvertently signed to a sleazy dating agency?!!!

You might also like to know that at the same time I joined Expatforum.com and posted the same thread. Within an hour I received a reply from an American who will be moving to Dubai in July and is delighted to hear that he can play his kind of 'football' and join a team. An instant social life for a new arrival!

I will be unsubscribing from this site as soon as I've had the courtesy of a reply from the QAT, I would suggest that anyone who's really interested in interaction with the expat community does the same... (those of you who want to 'twinkle' each other please stay and enjoy!)

Dubai Forum

Our Global Partners