Join now

Visit visa: to return ticket, or not?? (Dubai)

Hi everyone...

I'm a bit confused about the situation of whether or not to get a return ticket when entering Dubai for the first time on a Visit Visa... I hold an Australian passport and I know that Australians can enter free of charge without any visa applications for 30 days on the visit visa...

Several people I've come in contact with from Italy, U.S etc have said they entered on a one way ticket with no further journey tickets on hand when entering on a visit visa and said they had no problem...

However.. When I asked the UAE Embassy today they said "yes you must be able to show a return ticket, and if you don't, you are doing it at your own risk".. It does say here on their website after all.. Protected content

You can probably understand what I'm getting at.. I'd much rather not get a return ticket if I can avoid it, since I've already purchased a one-way...

Should I take the risk...?? Or perhaps I could book an exit to Oman before 30 days is over since I probably need to do a visa extension trip there anyway..???

Not sure what to do...

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide on this matter...

Cheers.. Boa =)

Dubai Forum

Our Global Partners