We are hiring-In House Legal Counsel (Dubai)
Description of Group:
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited ("ICBC"), which was incorporated in the People’s Republic of China on 1st of January in Protected content , is the largest bank in the world by total assets and the most valuable bank in the world by market capitalization since February Protected content .
In October Protected content , the opening of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (DIFC) Limited ( regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority) has allowed ICBC to become the pioneer among the Chinese financial institutions for the Middle East market. With strong support from the head office located in Beijing, ICBC(DIFC) supports the financial needs of the UAE and the Middle East region and has become the bridge of economic and trade exchanges between China and the Middle region.
Website: Protected content
1. Advising Corporate, Trade Finance, Private Banking and Treasury Department in respect of pre-contractual and contractual documents such as advisory or financing mandates, confidentiality agreements, term sheets, letters of intent and commitment letters.
2. Assisting in negotiating and drafting legal documentation relevant to Conventional financing and highlighting any associated legal risks on such transactions.
3. Assisting in standardizing contracts, developing standard agreements and contributing to the approval of new activities and products, complex and cross-border transactions (with emphasis on Corporate Financing and Trade Finance).
4. Preparing, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating legal documentation in relation to Bank’s day-to-day operations and activities, including Tenancy Agreements, Employment Contracts, Various Service Contracts, etc.
5. Instructing, coordinating, managing and liaising with external legal counsel appointed by the Bank in respect of financing transactions.
6. Assisting in litigation procedures.
7. Developing awareness and training programs on legal risk aspects for the Bank employees.
8. Assisting in preparing procedures, policies and/or memorandum, as and when required.
9. Advising on various legal issues and documentation related to transactions in the Middle East
10. Reviewing contract and commercial claim drafting and support
11. Providing advice about debt collection, pre-litigation disputes and litigation
12. Liaising with external law firms as required
Skills and Competencies required :
1. Educated to Degree level in law with commercial/business or a related competency
2. 3+ years of relevant experience within the legal industry
3. Well known with common law regulations and jurisdiction
4. Fluency in English with good communication and writing skills. Preferably to be able to read Chinese to help understand andy contract or documents in Chinese or correspondence from the bank head office
5. Detail oriented with high attention to quality
6. Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
Please send your resume to Protected content