Join now

Glasnevin Cemetery Research Italian priests 1932 (Dublin)

Two priests from Italy died in Dublin during the 31st Eucharistic Congress in Protected content . Their remains rest in a single grave in Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin.
Don Tomatis Lindo, aged 52, was knocked down by a van in High Street, Dublin on Friday, 24th June, Protected content died in Steevens Hospital shortly afterwards. He was a professor in Viterbo Seminary and his last words were "Gladly I give my life for the Congress and my beloved seminary".
The second Italian priest to die during the Congress was Fr Francesco Allara who collapsed and died in O'Connell Street on Saturday,25th June, Protected content . He was only 27 years old and from Turin.
The funerals of the two Italian priests took place on Monday, 27th June, Protected content . There is no headstone or marking on the single grave of these two men who came to Dublin on a pilgrimmage 80 years ago. It would be a worthwhile gesture to provide a modest headstone on this grave in time for the Protected content . If anyone else (Italian or Irish) feels the same perhaps we could do something about it.

Dublin Forum

Our Global Partners