Join now

Internship: Special Olympics Europe/Eurasia (Dublin)

My name is Angela Fresne and I am the Special Olympics Protected content Run Manager/Special Events Director for Special Olympics Europe/Eurasia. (SOEE)

Special Olympics Europe/Eurasia oversees Special Olympics national programmes across 58 countries in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We are the largest sports programme in Europe of year-round sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.

SOEE will oversee the Special Olympics European Games in Warsaw in September Protected content . Prior to the event, the Law Enforcement Torch Run will kick off with a Torch Light ceremony in Greece, and proceed to carry the torch, raise awareness and funds through Protected content countries.

Project goals connected to the intern position:
Develop a number of alternative ways to raise funds through the Torch Run
Create fundraising/awareness campaign leading up to the arrival of Flame of Hope in each national program
Secure the full support and involvement of participating national programs
Secure the full support and involvement of law enforcement bodies in each participating national program
Leverage existing partnerships at program level (e.g. national program sponsors)
Secure sponsor(s) at regional and/or national program level
Secure involvement of community and business leaders, media and government officials
Ensure that there is a positive legacy at national program level from hosting the Torch Run

I would like to offer work experience to an individual interested in developing a career in Special Events Management, Public Relations, Fundraising. It is a one year committment, and an opportunity for an individual to work one day a week with us.

I hope that this will be of interest to you. I am available at the contact details below for further discussion.

Best regards,
Angela Fresne

Torch Run Manager
Special Olymics Europe/Eurasia
3rd Floor, Morisson Chambers
32 Nassau Street
Dublin 2
Tel: Protected content
Email: Protected content