Join now

Introducing Jens (that's me) (Dublin)

Views

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to do it, but I want to introduce myself - and hope to find some friends here in the community.

Without further ado, let's get started: I'm Jens, currently still living in Hannover in Germany, but planning to move to Dublin in June. Why? Because living abroad has been a big dream of mine for the last ten to fifteen years.
I'm German, 42 years old and looking forward to Dublin.
I work part-time for a project management consulting & training company (from my home office, so I'll bring my job with me to Dublin) and part-time as a freelancer.

As a freelancer, I'm doing lots of stuff around business writing: I write and edit texts and I train and coach other to become better writers. My special areas of expertise for business writing are technology (and some corresponding natural sciences), psychology, communications and project management. I've worked on a lot of different kinds of writing so far: websites, reports, academic works, books, press releases, brochures, catalogues, manuals, ... And I also know a bit about brand language.

And if I had to sum myself up in one word, it would probably be geek or nerd. What is a geek/nerd? The main qualities of both are curiosity, enthusiasm and inclusiveness.
I geek and nerd out about SF, tech, science, some movies, some TV series, comics, theatre (acting & directing), role-playing, communication and psychology. I'm also an occasional YouTuber.

That's it for now. I hope to see you in June!
Cheers,
Jens

P.S.: If you have any tips on moving to Dublin (or abroad in general), I would be delighted to hear them.

Dublin Forum

Our Global Partners