Join now

Photography Graduation Project (Duesseldorf)

Photography Project of German Student

WHAT KIND OF PROJECT IS IT?
"Everyone in the world is connected by six degrees of separation", a saying that many people know. The "small-world-phenomenon" is well known but in daily live we usually just pass it without noticing.
My bachelor thesis in the category photography should deal with that topic. I want to take a journey around the world, but here in Germany.
I want to make photo shootings with people who are living here, but at the same time preserved parts of their own culture that are of high importance to them. It should be normal for them to live their own culture while being a part of the German way of life.
Its going to be portrait photography as well as taking photos of the surroundings (portraying subtile influences, originalities and traditions that are characteristic for their cultures - at their home as well as away fom home, e.g. visiting cultural events, get-togethers, places etc.).
I want to encourage people who will see my work to open their eyes. I want to show them that it is not necessary to travel around the whole world to experience different cultures and that all of this is taking place right on their doorsteps.
I want to show that cultural diversity can bring us forward, shows new perspectives and inspires our daily life when we are just open for it.
That's why I'm looking for YOU! And by saying you, I mean people who feel addressed by my words, who think it is important to live their own culture and who are open for giving others an insight and by doing so make it possible that the observer can travel around the world.
Besides the main photography work I want to make small booklets about each homeland, the culture and traditions and give some advice where you can go out for a meal that is characteristic for the country / culture and where you can find a cultural hotspot, for example.
HOW SHOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
It should look like the project came into being where your roots are and like you are living there. At first glance, the beholder should think I had travelled around the whole world to do this project and then realize that all of those great cultures are part of our daily life when you just go through the world with your eyes wide open.
It doesnt matter to me if you were born here or there. It is just important that your culture is of high importance in your life.
Ideally, you shouldn't be over 40 years old, because that's a part of my concept as well.
Of course, the ones participating will get the photos for free use afterwards.

Feel free to contact me...
Protected content // Protected content
or Protected content

Duesseldorf Forum