Join now

Work Endorsement with Spousal Visa question (Durban)

Hi there. Does anyone have any experience with adding a work endorsement to their spousal visa? I obtained my spousal visa (aka relative's permit) Sept Protected content have been offered a job. I can't start the job without an endorsement from Home Affairs. I'm getting conflicting information about how to go about this and am struggling to get anyone to talk to me at HA. I've heard everything from get a certified copy of passport, visa, and work contract to having to do the ENTIRE visa over again (including the background checks and medical forms). If it is the latter, this will be EXTREMELY disheartening as it will cost more money (on top of what I'd have to pay VFS) and time. I worry that my potential employer will not be able to wait - most optimistic estimates would be start work in 2 months (if background check returns in a month and HA gets the endorsement done in a month).

Please, if you have had experience with this recently, I'd greatly appreciate you sharing your experience. I'd rather not go through an immigration service because of the money and cagey information.

Thanks again! =)

Durban Forum