Join now

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING... YOU MAY BE SINCERELY WRONG (Khobar (Eastern Prov.))

BE SURE YOU ARE RIGHT

Can one be saved from Hell and go to Heaven by sincerely trusting in good works and religion? No more than you can be cured of stomach trouble by swallowing poison! It is not sincerity alone that counts – you’d better be sure you get hold of the right bottle of medicine.

If you can be saved by good works, clean living, morality, religious ceremony, baptism, church membership, or being a deacon or choir member , then the word of God is not true, for He says salvation is “the GIFT of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

God also declares with a clearness no thinking person can miss: “NOT by works of righteousness which WE have done, but according to HIS MERCY He saved us” (Titus 3:5)

In the face of these two verses, how can you have any hope of escaping Hell and going to Heaven by your good works or religion? God loves you, my friend. Believe HIM, not the religious leaders who tell you that you can be saved by your good life.

Wake up, my friend, to the facts. Jesus said, “Ye must be born again.” Better to wake up to this truth and receive the Lord Jesus Christ than to wake up in Hell like the rich man did (Luke 16:23) – when it was too late.

I heard a man testify, “I have been the president of the men’s Bible class in our church for the past two years, but I didn’t get saved until two months ago.” He woke up in time.

Anything short of the experience of the new birth, through faith in the Son of God Who died and rose again, is nothing but religion. It is not enough. It will fail you. You will die a lost soul.

You know you are a lost, condemned sinner, “for all have sinned” (Romans 3:23), and “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).

But Christ died on the cross to bear your sins. “Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just (sinless) for the unjust (sinful), that He might bring us to God” (1 Peter 3:18)

Good works cannot bring us to God, only Jesus Christ can. God offers His Son to you. You can receive Him or reject Him. What you do with Him determines your eternal destiny – Heaven or Hell.

Bow your head right now and tell Him you will receive Him as your Lord and Saviour – that you will trust Him to wash your sins away, and will live for Him, confessing Him before others. Then read the following verses carefully:

“This is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His son, HE THAT HATH THE SON HATH LIFE; and he that hath not the son of God hath not life” (1 John 5: Protected content .

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, HATH EVERLASTING LIFE, and shall not come into condemnation; but IS passed from death unto life” (John 5:24)

Taken from the excerpts of Paul J. Levin, Founder of Bible Tracts, Inc. U.S.A
For more information contact Peter Appiah, Believers Bible Assembly, Kumasi, Ghana.
Tel. Protected content email: Protected content

Khobar (Eastern Prov.) Forum

Our Global Partners