Join now

Education in Oil and Gas - relevant courses? (Edmonton)

Views

hello,
I am currently working hard on trying to find a job (with sponsorship) so we can realize our dream of moving to Edmonton. For this, I am looking to improve my knowledge and resume and am thinking of taking a couple of courses in Oil and Gas industry at SAIT. Of course, I only want to take courses that are considered valuable and relevant by potential employers. I am looking into the following options, but would greatly appreciate any advise on this subject!

PETR Protected content Application Overview
Provides the foundation for courses required for the Upstream Petroleum Industry Certificate and the three Petroleum Applications Certificate programs. A 'challenge exam' is available for people with a familiarity with exploration, geology, drilling and production operations. A course waiver is not allowed for this course. Final course grade is P/NP (pass/not pass) and is not included in the certificate GPA. The textbook Our Petroleum Challenge, Canadian Centre for Energy Information, Protected content . (ISBN Protected content will be provided.

GEOL Protected content Geology - Basic
An introduction to sedimentary rocks, trapping and other topics relating to petroleum geology. This course also includes discussion of geophysics, mapping and petroleum exploration. The textbooks: Our Petroleum Challenge, Canadian Centre for Energy Information, Protected content Protected content and Nontechnical Guide to Petroleum Geology, Exploration, Drilling and Production, 3rd Edition, Norman J. Hyne, Protected content Protected content be required.

Protected content

Edmonton Forum