Social calendar for the upcoming week (Edmonton)
Good seeing everyone last night at Central Social!
One common complaint I keep hearing was that there's nothing to do in Edmonton. My sometimes-ridiculous social calendar says otherwise!
Edmonton's not a place where things happen to you passively, you have to put some effort into finding things and making friends. But once you do there's no shortage of stuff to find.
So thought I'd share some of what's on my personal social calendar for the upcoming week:
- Jane's Walk ( Protected content ) - May Protected content volunteer-led walks all over the city, each with a specific theme. Most will be around architecture, community-building or social-justice. I'm leading one on Sunday at noon in downtown on the pedway system, and that one will have more of an urban design theme.
- Quarters Arts Fest ( Protected content ) - May Protected content on by a friend of mine, this is a brand new festival, in a disadvantaged neighbourhood. Very "grass-roots" event but should also be very relaxed and fun. Free family-friendly portion starts at 6pm, ticketed portion starts at 9pm.
- Alliance Française, café croissant ( Protected content ) - May Protected content informal chat, in French, for those who wants to practice it or just speak en français.
- Green Drinks ( Protected content ) - May Protected content networking event themed around environmental issues, but defined very broadly. This month's event is on Edmonton's "hidden gems", so could be interesting to newcomers to the city.
- Global Visions Festival ( Protected content ) - May Protected content longest-running documentary festival, this year with 12 days of programming of highly-acclaimed documentaries of all genres from around the world. I'm volunteering for the whole festival so I'll be at most screenings.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a direct message. Hope to see you around!