InterNations Basel: First Speed Networking Apéro @ Mitte
This time we go for something different.
InterNations is a community of people with diverse interests, areas of expertise, goals and ideas. Why not taking the opportunity to meet and talk to those amazing people and get inspired from their stories!
Discover the diversity of our community and let the variety of professions, interests and talents enrich your own plans.
The speed networking style is based on a moderated speed-dating format, where you get 2 minutes to introduce yourself/ your job or a project you are working on, to your partner before the next round starts with a new partner at the next table.
During a short time slot you meet a number of prospective dates, one at a time and then have the possibility to openly share contact details and decide at the time if you wish to take things further and organize a longer meeting elsewhere. It’s loud, fast, it’s fun but most importantly, it works, and that`s why people love it!
**Please be aware that only the FIRST 50 people who arrive on time will be able to participate in speed networking. First come, first serve.
If you are however COMING LATE/ LATER, or don't fancy the speed networking, don't worry, I have reserved a few places/ tables so you can just enjoy your drink and casually talk to friends. This will be available from 19:00. Right after the speed networking session we call all enjoy the Apéro and continue with the casual networking.
19:00 registration (don`t forget your ticket) & casual networking
20:15 start: Speed networking session
21:30 Apéro & casual networking
INSTRUCTIONS for the speed networking session:
- if you like to participate please be on time, we start sharply
- each member (the first 50) will be handed with the name badge and the number
- your number indicates your start position/ seat
- find the number and you will find your seat and first partner across you
- every round lasts 4 minutes (each partner gets 2 minutes time)
- after you hear the bell ring you have to change the seat, following the numbers (for example your start as number 1, now you move to number 2 and so on)
* please do not move the numbers on the table or make any number exchanges, otherwise we will get a confusion and chaos
*make sure you grab your drink before we start (you will be talking a lot ;)
*your personal belongings you can carry on along as you change the seats, or leave them on the side (I suggest you leave a jacket hanging close to the entrance)
* dress code, well I am sure you will choose wisely
Few TIPS how to prepare yourself for the speed networking event:
• Make sure you bring plenty of business cards. Not good if you say ‘I’m sorry I’ve run out. Distributing the business cards you will make sure that everyone you meet has all your contact details long after your face is a distant memory, and they forget you completely
• Bring a pen, notepad, or just piece of paper to make notes
• Remember, you have only few seconds to make a positive first impression
• if you are born enthusiastic you can practice a 60s “elevator pitch, which includes your name, your business, what’s special about what you do and perhaps what you’re looking for at the time. That will give you an advantage in compare to others who will struggle to use the most of the time during the round.
• what really attractive is,. get right to the point, no time for small talk! You can do that after the session ;)
Last not the least, I will be moderating the speed networking session, so I will give my best ;) Off course, if you don`t have a good team, you can`t be 100% successful. Happy to have friends Nunzia and Aya onboard, who will generously help with the organization of the event. A big thanks to them.
Soo, sign in and join us for great conversations and cold beer and wine, or maybe something wild like whisky on ice! ;)
See you there,