Join now

Kitesurfing in Côte d’Azur in September? (Frankfurt)

Good evening!

I am planning to go to South of France during about 2 weeks in September, on « Presqu’île de Giens », to progress in kitesurfing. As learning kitesurfing is more fun with a group, I figured this could interest some potential « surfers» in Frankfurt. I am familiar with this part of France and can give you some good advice of what there is to do additionally in the area (there is plenty, the region is just BEAUTIFUL). If you like spending your days outside, this is the place to be, whether you like outdoor sports or just appreciating the Provence spirit.

On kiting :
Kifekite ( Protected content ) has 2 boats and takes us Protected content in deep water far from the take-off area so that as beginners we don’t collide with others who are leaving from the beach directely, which is preferable :-) and is offering :
° Group courses in English or French with max 4 students per teacher. They have 2 IKO certified teachers (who are associates and owners of Kifkite). If we are 8, the programme would be split in two sessions: 1 group of 4 in the morning, and 1 group of 4 in the afternoon. Generally, they take Protected content per person for each course of 3 hours. Depending how many people are coming (it would be great to be 8 so we can do the rotating courses !), I would negociate the price and bring it down to Protected content person, which is really competitive. All material is included (helmets with integrated radio, full wetsuit (although in September this won’t be necessary as the water is quite warm), board and wing with bar).
° For those who are progressing faster, the other possibility is to get « dropped » in the water by the boat and be coached in case something goes wrong. This is quite a good option to progress alone and still know someone is keeping an eye on you. This is available provided you have done the basic courses and master your wing and body-drag Protected content . The normal tarif is 75 EUR for a 3 hours « coaching » and if we are a group to do this option, I will do my best to drop the price to 60 EUR.

It is difficult to know now exactely what prices for courses or coaching will be as I don’t know the level of participants at the moment but this is generally competitive, provided we get 8 participants! Prices given here are just for information so you can compare with other market offers.

On accomodation : A camping is close by and rents camping spots or bungalows for 5 or 6 to 8 persons. This is the Eurosurf : Protected content . Checking the price on the internet, in September, a bungalow of 8 persons we should count Protected content per person. There is also the possibility to rent 2 bungalows of 5, if we want to me more comfortable, whiuch would raise the price a bit. We can also individually bring our tents etc.- For the 2 weeks, a bungalow of 8 would cost about Protected content per person Protected content /week). We could cook ourselves or eat in the area, there are plenty of restaurants. Everything is open.

Dates : This would be 15 days Protected content in September, between Sep 2 and 22, not sure when exactely but we are flexible as I have not made reservations anywhere yet.

Getting there : All options are open. I could take 3 persons in my car from Frankfurt and we would do car sharing.

Important note : I am not a travel agency, all I do is offer you to come with me on holidays and through this, get better group tarifs to learn and progress in the sport. Anyone is free to organize themselves differently with the accomodations and get their own insurance. I am just giving here some possible options !

Please contact me on pm if you are interested ! A planning potluck on June 9 at my place for those who are interested, so we can properly plan this !

Cheers and looking forward to some good fun!

Frankfurt Forum

Our Global Partners