Join now

Residence/work permit (Freetown)


I will be moving to Freetown in August with my partner (we are not married). I will have my work and residence permit organised in advance through my job, but I am having trouble finding out what my partner will have to do in order to get permission to live and work in the country. If he enters on a tourist visa, will he be able to extend it once he gets there to allow him to remain in the country beyond 30 days? Can he get an open work permit, or will he need to get a job offer and have his employer sponsor him?
Many thanks for advice from anyone who might have experience of this situation!

Freetown Forum

Our Global Partners