Join now

Moving to Botswana with my family (Gaborone)

Hi, everybody! Me and my family (husband and 7-month old son) will be moving to Gaborone for a 3-year period in mid November. We will be very glad to meet new people there and establish new relationships. Of course, I have a thousand questions but the main ones are:

1) Which are the neighbourhoods where I should look for accommodation. At the beginning we will be provided accommodation by my employer but afterwards I would like to look for a house (3-bedroom or so) with a nice yard and maybe a swimming pool. I know that Phakalane is outside Gabs and maybe we prefer to live close to the center and the business district at the beginning. Do you think we can find a good house for about BWP 10,000 per month?

2) Do you know whether there are good baby sitters able to take care of my son when he turns 1?

3) As far as we understood cars are quite expensive there so maybe we will first buy one car for both of us. If you know somebody selling a well maintained car as well as some furniture and other staff, we will be happy to contact him.

Sorry for the long mail, if somebody had the patience to read it, I will be very grateful for any additional info.

Best regards.

Evgeniya

Gaborone Forum

Our Global Partners