Join now

*** Caves Ouvertes Geneve : May 24th, call for wine lovers !*** (Geneva)

Views

After the successful fondue in Lausanne, let's meet for the next Special Event, this time in Geneva : all or most of all the winemakers of the area will open their doors for tastings all day long .. more than a classic wine tasting, it is also a visit of the wonderful countryard surrounding Geneva.
The Caves Ouvertes will be held on May 24th, from 10 to 17. I propose we all make a round together, as the atmosphere is usually extremely friendly and as it is always better to drink wine with friends. On the way from one winery to another, there is some music, some places to eat typical swiss "snacks" : Malakoffs ( I know the name doesn't sound swiss-), swiss cheese, viande sechee, schueblig....

Of course for moving from one place to another we need cars. And drivers. Any volunteer ? I feel I have to set an example, so I'm on the list and hence have 3 seats available. For anybody wishing to be part of it as a driver or participant, please contact me.

For anybody wishing to do it on its own, here is the link to the Caves Ouvertes event : there you will find the list of participating wineries, and some more details about public transportation :
Protected content

Whatever you choose, I really advise you to take part to it. It's always a big party with very friendly guests, and the places are gorgeous. For more infos about the area, you can also have a look at my "old" thread "Walk in Geneva Canton".. somewhere in the depths of this local forum :)

Best to all,
Celine

Geneva Forum

Our Global Partners