Legal / Paralegal (Geneva)
A dynamic and famous multinational specialising in the textile industry is looking for
Paralegal / Legal Assistant
General Position Summary:
Provide paralegal, administrative and project support to the Legal Counsel EMEA ensuring all tasks are completed in an accurate, time sensitive and information sensitive manner.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Provide analytical and specialized paralegal support, performing critical and confidential duties.
Assist Legal Department with various corporate projects, such as due diligence, acquisitions and corporate governance on a need-basis.
Compose emails, letters, reports and other documents from verbal instructions or written notes/drafts.
Drafting and modifying contracts, Powers of Attorney, General Terms and Conditions, licenses and other legal documents.
Research various legal questions and local laws for compliance purposes in different countries.
Review marketing and PR Material for legal compliance.
Assist in handling legal documents for various companies of the Group, obtaining necessary certifications, signatures and notarizations internally and externally.
Assist to maintain contracts database and other paper or electronic directories of all contracts and other corporate documents, files and records.
Assist with processing of department invoices, updating and verifying accruals and budgets.
Maintain positive open lines of communication with all company management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the company. Perform other related duties and ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
Work is complex but also involves recurring work situations. Work is performed independently with moderate level of supervision, and is checked or verified generally on a project or assignment basis. Decisions are made within general policy constraints based on experience, judgment, practice, procedures and instructions. Proactive approach is expected within given guidelines. Diligent approach to internal and external requests for assistance and constant checking of accuracy of own work is required. Errors can have significant impact, for instance through erroneous decisions being made based on incorrect or incomplete information or through the release of confidential information. Likewise can errors adversely affect the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Contacts are regularly made with others both inside and outside of the company. Internal contacts are both in Europe and the US. External contacts include law firms and other advisors or service providers, customers, contractual partners or anyone else doing business with the company. Interactions tend to focus on information gathering and exchange. Contacts often contain confidential or sensitive information. Contacts may be made at the request of another or on own initiative and for the majority be made by email or phone as opposed to face-to-face.
Specific Job Skills:
• Proficiency in general corporate paralegal functions, including transactional records management.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dissemination of information.
• Must be highly organized with ability to work with little or no supervision, self-motivating, process-oriented and discipline.
• Professional work attitude in multinational working environment and ability to perform well under pressure with good sense of urgency. Ability to prioritize matters and meet deadlines. Fast in understanding end-to-end business processes and needs.
• Good organizational, commercial and analytical skills.
• Ensuring timely and accurate paralegal and administrative support.
• Requires strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personalities both inside and outside the Company. Excellent interpersonal skills. Service-minded and flexible.
• Bright, diligent and having a very good eye for details.
• Ability to troubleshoot.
Education and/or Experience:
• Paralegal, Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience as paralegal or legal assistant within a legal environment, in a multicultural or multinational environment.
• Corporate, public company paralegal experience preferred.
• Fluent in English and French, including ability to write clear and concise business communications. German an asset.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook desired.