Join now

Losing Fat (Geneva)

Exercise alone will not do it, and unfortunately (or not) even being physically fit with some spare change around the hips can detrimental health implications. However as a Personal Trainer I see people struggle with their weight almost everyday. For some it can seem like a never ending dance on the scale, sometimes the numbers swing to the left, and then they swing back to the right and then some.

I am not a nutritionist, but I follow a few simple ground rules for achieving a stable weight, while feeling satiated and fully nourished, and yes exercise is definitely a big part of the game plan, but in my opinion, losing fat is 80% about what you put in your mouth. So here are some bullet points to hang on your fridge, and remember... never stop trying, because you can fail as many times as you want, but all you need to do is succeed once (success being changing your lifestyle and habits).

*Drink Water, I recommend 1. Protected content per day (NO MORE SODA!)
*Put your fork down while you chew
*Think about your goals before every meal and snack
*Cut out processed foods from your diet as much as possible
*Dont eat in front of the TV
*Use your fist as a measurement for portions, one fist meat, one fist whole grain, two fists vegetables
*Finish your meal with a salad (oil & vinegar)
*Snack on fresh fruit if your hungry
*Moderation and Variety is Key!

If you have anything to add or have any comments please let me know, if you are interested in a Free Trial for GVA Boot Camp, you can visit Protected content , and see how my clients can lose the pounds and keep them off, or you can write to Protected content or visit my facebook page to see the latest in sports and nutritional news Protected content

Geneva Forum

Our Global Partners