To impact the strategic direction of the business by leveraging extensive marketing research and business experience and providing business consultation and recommendations to EuropeANZ Management and Category Marketing - via the development, integration, and management of marketing research for a division in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the business area
• Client Consultation – take a proactive and strategic perspective on issues having the greatest impact on the category, providing alternative courses of action for consideration by decision makers. Provide a formal point-of-view to management on new product and advertising initiatives prior to introduction
• Category Management In order to most effectively/efficiently manage resources, coordinate and assess MRD budgets and staffing to ensure the needs and priorities of the business are met.
• Project Management – Create research plans to support key category priorities. Recommend appropriate testing techniques and representative countries for testing of new products and advertising. Assure that execution is high quality by designing, implementing and interpreting ad hoc market research projects across Europe that will enable the marketing teams to make sound business decisions. This will require effectively managing a large number of studies and priorities simultaneously.
• .Consumer & Shoppers Insight - continually strive to uncover new and meaningful consumer and shoppers insights across all the research areas
• Research RD&E –
• In order to insure RS is a best in class department, actively initiate and participate in departmental projects beyond the scope of the assigned business category.
• Budget – Responsibility for establishing and managing annual primary research budgets ($ X MM)
• Relevant university degree
• 5+ years of qualified in-company experience (ideally FMCG) in a professional Market Research department
• Significant, proven experience in a wide range of quantitative and quantitative consumer research techniques, experimental design and statistical knowledge, including concept and concept/product testing, new product research, volume forecasting, advertising testing, basic strategic research, shoppers’ insights
• Proven experience in use of Retail and Consumer panel data for category and consumer insights
• Extensive Multi-country consumer research experience
• In-depth understanding of Marketing principles and strategies
• Excellent creative problem-solving and analytical skills, leading to actionable insights which impact strategy
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, team-working and business partnering skills
• Experience in successfully leading multicultural project teams and managing people
• Self-motivated multi-tasker with acute sense of urgency, and attention to detail
• Fluency in English with other European languages a plus
• Mobile for future transfers to other countries