Join now

SLOW FISH 2015 (Genoa)

Ciao tutti!

I am a student working with Slow Food to organize the international Slow Fish conference in Genoa coming up this May. The goal of this event is to raise awareness about the global issues facing our oceans and the species within them, to build a network of support for fishermen and food activists, and to create a dialogue around a sustainable model of development for fishing systems.

I am reaching out to the InterNations community because we will have fishermen, chefs, and activists visiting from around the Mediterranean and we could use YOUR HELP in hosting these guests and making them feel at home. If you are interested in hosting someone from your home country--whether you offer a bed, a tour of the city, dinner, or even just a coffee--please contact me and let me know! May seems a long way off, but we are trying to start organizing.

The event will include conferences, presentations, cooking demos, dinners, degustations, and other fun gastronomic activities. We welcome you to come down to the Porto Antico and participate whether you can help host or not. Entrance will be free, and the likely dates are May Protected content (though exact dates have yet to be determined). Though I will fill you in on the details as our plan becomes more clear. For an idea of what the last conference was like, take a look at the link below:

Protected content

Grazie mille!

Hillary

Genoa Forum

Our Global Partners