Join now

Beautiful House for Rent near Shopping Center Zuid (Gent)

Beautiful and unique town house in a quiet side/road near Gent Zuid Shopping Center. The house comes with a loft-style interior, meaning lots of open space and it has a courtyard that is ideal for barbecueing/ sitting out in the sun, when it is warm. It is not suitable for co-living (there are no doors!), however ideal for singles and couples.

The house is located in the South of Gent and is ideally situated to access public transportation (tram/bus stop Vijfwindgatenstraat is 3 minutes from the door) to get to St. Pieters and also the E17. It is about a Protected content walk from the Korenmarkt and the Shopping Center Zuid is 5 minutes away on foot.

The landlords, a young married Belgian couple, are very nice and speak fluent English.

Despite the house being fairly central, the street in which the house is situated is very quiet. You hardly notice that you are in the center of a larger city. The neighbors are also very sociable and often get together for a chat and a drink on the doorstep, when the weather is nice, or organize "Spielstraat". The road is blocked off and turned into a playground, so that the neighbors' children can play on the street without being bothered by traffic.

I always say that the house is close enough to town, to walk to town to go meet friends at bars (St. Jakob/ Korenmarkt ca. 15 min on foot), but far enough away to be able to sleep during the Gentse Feesten.

Short description:
Cellar: storage space, counter with sufficient space underneath for washing machine and dryer.

1st floor: hallway with coat hangers, toilet, trap door to cellar, patio/terrace, dining room, fully-equipped kitchen (induction stove, oven, dishwasher) with built in cupboards and refrigerator.

2nd floor: living room, gallery with bookshelf and storage space, work space for desk and pc

3rd floor: bed room, built in closets for clothes, toilet, two wash basins and shower

This has been a very good home to me (whenever I wasn't traveling for work), so I would like to see it in good hands! ;-)

There will also be the possibility to buy some of my furniture that I will either sell separately, or leave for you in the house.

If you are interested in the house and, then please send me a pm with your email address and phone number, so that I can forward. you the landlords' contact details.