PRICING AGENTJOB OPPORTUNITY FOR MONTH OF DECEMBER (Georgetown)
The UN is currently looking to hire pricing agents to complete a survey for expats living in Guyana, during the month of December.
The International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) periodically collects prices in duty stations and in selected cities around the world in order to adjust the salaries of the employees of United Nations organizations for changes in cost of living. The place-to-place survey involves price data collection activities performed by a pricing agent in retail outlets patronized by the UN staff members. It is carried out at least once every four years in all field locations where staff of the UN system are stationed. The data collected will be used to update the post adjustment index and the expenditure weights used in the calculation of post adjustment for the Duty Station.
The following are the qualifications:
1. Is an independent person with no past or present work experience with any of the organizations of the United Nations Common System and is not an immediate relative of a UN staff member (child, parent, spouse, etc.).
2. Has international shopping experience with knowledge of the local market.
3. Is an expatriate who has lived at the duty station for at least one year.
4. Has the ability to get around the duty station to visit the outlets by either public transportation or his/her own means of transport if necessary.
5. Is conversant in English
6. Is able to communicate effectively (preferably in the official language of the duty station) because the job requires interaction with outlet owners and workers.
7. Possesses a High School Diploma or equivalent.
8. Has experience in the field of statistics, economics, project management, auditing, accounting and/or finance is an additional asset
9. Is available to complete the job within the given time frame.
The pricing agent will be responsible for collecting prices in the selected outlets during the survey month (December). He/she will be given a list of items that is compiled into a book and he/she will write down the price of those items in different stores. The price collection must be started and completed in the month of December. A payment of USD 825.00 will be issued after the pricing book is submitted to us and the prices are verified to be complete.
If you are interested in conducting this survey on the pricing in Guyana, kindly forward an expression letter of interest and a copy of your CV to Alextina Evans-Boodoosingh, Survey Coordinator – Protected content immediately.