Our Essential Services
Make Relocating Easy for You.
Our team of experts is ready to help you find a home abroad, move your household goods, and settle into your new country.Start here
Living in Singapore
Leisure Activities and Sports in Singapore
Aspiring athletes and outdoor enthusiasts will find a variety of beaches, water parks, and facilities to practice sports in Singapore. Our guide lists the most exciting locations and places you should not miss. Below you can also learn more about the Singapore Sports Council and its purpose.
- The SSC’s new drive to improve sporting opportunities in Singapore is definitely paying off and there is a huge range of sporting activities available for everyone.
- The public sports facilities, parks and beaches offer something for people of any age or sporting ability.
- For those looking for more of an adventure, there are a huge range of adrenaline-fuelled activities, ranging from water parks to reverse bungee jumping.
Expats who plan on doing sports in Singapore will be happy to learn that there are lots of opportunities to get fit or pass the time. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for the type of sports in Singapore that helps you burn some calories or if you simply want to have some fun, there is something in store for everyone. Some centers even offer courses for children and childcare in Singapore. On top of that, the weather is great all year round, allowing you to practice your favorite type of sports whenever you want.
Singapore: Asia’s Center of Sport
Public facilities for sports in Singapore, including gyms, swimming pools, and soccer fields, are managed by the Singapore Sports Council. Its goal is to turn Singapore into the center of sports in Asia, not just in terms of the fitness level of their population. Instead, the SSC strives to make Singapore a popular destination for athletic tournaments and competitions. Supporting sports in Singapore should also have a positive effect on the economy.
The population, on the other hand, benefits from top-notch sporting facilities and outreach programs. The SSC aims for Singapore to become the most inclusive sports nation, offering access to services and facilities to all people. But whether you choose to work out at a public gym or at a private facility to practice sports in Singapore, you will always find something to do.
Need to Relocate?
Make It Easy with Our Home-Finding, Moving, Settling-In, and Other Essential Services.Get started
Things to Do in Singapore
As different as the people in Singapore are their preferences when it comes to sports in Singapore. There are activities available for serious athletes, as well as activities for kids or anybody looking for a fun time.
Parks, Beaches, and More
Sometimes you may not be in the mood to hit the gym or practice sports in Singapore in any serious setting. Instead, you might just be in the mood for a friendly game of soccer or football with other expats. Singapore offers lots of space for that:
- Singapore Botanic Gardens is a must for every visitor and expat.
- East Coast Park is the most popular beach park and the site of various sporting events.
- Mana Mana, a beautiful beach club, is the perfect place to hang loose.
- Padang is located close to many historic buildings and a highly popular recreational area.
- Sentosa offers a little bit of everything, including beaches and space for bike tours.
For Adrenaline Junkies
Adrenaline junkies and expats who like to add a little action to their work-out have lots of options to pass the time in Singapore. There are rock-climbing facilities, adventure parks, and much more. Here is a short overview:
- Red Dynasty Paintball Park is Singapore’s largest paintball park with various facilities.
- Xtreme Skate Park: will be your second home if you are an enthusiastic skater.
- SKI360° is the country’s first Cable Ski Park, offering wake boarding, surfing, and more.
- GX-5 Xtreme Swing and G-Max Reverse Bungee — get ready for an adrenaline rush at this park.
- Forest Adventure: Be on top of the world as you swing from tree top to tree top!
Waves, slides, water adventures: Singapore’s water parks have it all. When the tropical heat is getting the better of you, water sports in Singapore are a great way of cooling down. These are some places you should check out:
- Wild Wild Wet: is one of Singapore’s largest water theme parks and impresses with a bunch of amazing slides and rides.
- Wave House Sentosa is the place to go for aspiring surfers.
- Mana Mana offers the best opportunities for all watersports fans.
All about Singapore
Our experts have gathered everything you need to know about the steps for moving to Singapore. Which of Singapore’s five regions is the most expensive? How do you organize a working visa? The InterNations GO! practical guide on the requirements for moving to Singapore answers all your questions, letting you sit back and feel prepared for your relocation.Read Guide