Join now

Advice to family moving to gold coast (Gold Coast)

I am a single parent moving to gold coast in December Protected content my 5 children from New Zealand, at time of move children will be ages 20, 19, 13, 9, 3yrs. We are also bringing our pets.

I am wondering if anyone who has moved has any tips and suggestions.

I would like to arrange a rental property prior to my arrival and am prepared to prepay Protected content rent up front. I have written rental references for my past 3 homes spanning back 15 years (I dont move often). Basically I would like recommendations of a good agent or agency to contact, ideally I would like everything prearranged so the day we fly in, we just come and pick up the keys and go straight there. I am considering flying over with my 3 yr old a week before everyone else to pick up the keys, and to arrange power, phone etc as well as household furniture.

Can you recommend power, phone/internet companies that are not the most expensive, but will allow me to join up, as i would not have a credit rating in australia. Ideally one I can sign up with maybe even before my arrival prearranging services to come on the day we arrive.

We have decided to sell everything and purchase new overseas as quote to bring 1/2 a container which was only some of our belongings being $ Protected content purchasing new which the price i quoted from A Mart was similar price. Is there anywhere cheaper i could look at reasonable quality furniture and whitewear.

What are your recommendations for good areas to live in that are not outrageous prices, that are good for families with both primary and high school in a reasonable area?

As we are arriving in december i am unsure whether to look for work straight away or wait until mid january when people are back from holiday. what would you suggest? 3 adults will be working and my minimum budget is having everything paid Protected content ahead to allow job search time.

Any other recommendations?

Gold Coast Forum

Our Global Partners