Join now

Indian Classical Workshop - Looking for company (Grenoble)

Hi I just found out that on 26 September Protected content introductory course on kathak dance with Pali Chandra of lucknow gharana will be held from 15 h to 17 h in Geneva.

I am interested in going and was wondering if anyone else would like to join.

The address is: Protected content De Lyon, Protected content
Price is 55 Swiss Francs

If you are interested let me know on this thread and I can register for you or you can directly register at Protected content .

Below is a little information about the dance form
Kathak is one of the eight Indian Classical, a native of Northern India. The word katha means in Sanskrit, history".
The Kathak is the art of telling a story.

The kathak explores the natural alignment of the body, non-verbal communication, the subtleties of the expression and promotes the dialogue between the rhythms of the feet and the percusssion.

The use of mudra, gesture of the hand codified, the movements of the feet, facial expressions and the positions of the body are at the base of the technique of kathak. So that the dancers of kathak and the musicians can communicate them to carry out a common pace, there is a codified language using syllables bowl. The dancers of kathak adorn their ankles of bells ghunghur becoming of instruments.

Grenoble Forum

Our Global Partners