Join now

Job Opportunity with VIPKID Teaching ESL (Guadalajara)

Hi friends. I am a US native living in GDL, although I travel a bit to Asia every so often. I've been looking for a job that pays in American wages that I can do while I travel. I found it! I've been working with VIPKID for 2 months and I love it. This is a company with a solid foundation, excellent support and compensation, and a joy to be a part of. I teach English to youngins in China most mornings in an online platform for a few hours, have a blast engaging with them and make decent dollars while doing it. The experience is worth it alone! Check it out if you have a minimum of 7.5 hours a week to be available (not necessarily teaching) from the hours of 7-9pm Beijing time Protected content New York/East Coast time). Must have a Bachelor's degree and reliable internet connection. You make your own schedule and have unlimited maximum hours (although the time difference may limit you based on normal sleeping hours or "Peak Times"). Base pay ranges from Protected content per class (1/2 hour) with numerous incentives based on attendance and accepting last minute assignments, as well as varying monthly incentives. That's up to $22 per hour based on teaching, not including other monthly incentives. I've just started and am building my customer base, although I get numerous students randomly assigned due to our popularity in China, and am teaching about 40 classes a week. Reimbursement for materials, training, bank transfer fees and more are part of their policy. The curriculum is pre-developed and we focus on entertaining while teaching, TPR (Total Physical Response) and a ratio of 70/30 speaking, with the students speaking the most. Kobe Bryant just invested in us big time. Check it out! Let me know if you join!
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to share my experience with you. You are also welcome to visit their website or look up teacher videos on YouTube.
Protected content

Guadalajara Forum