Join now

Teaching in Latin America (Guadalajara)

Views

Hello, I'm new to this forum. The reason I chose this venue is I will be studying for a diploma to teach English as a second language in other countries. Presently, Guadalajara and Michoacan, Mexico and Santiago Chile are available. That's not saying they will be available when I graduate. Guadalajara appeals to me. However, I know very little about it except from a travel brochures point of view. Because I would be working there, I'd like to know a little about the actual community. Where people live? What sort of apartments or houses are typically for rent? My husband wants to live in an ex-pat community. I know Lake Chapala is an ex-pat community but can you live there and work in Guadalajara? I have no idea where they are. I need general information. Is a car necessary? What sort of stores for groceries and clothes are available. In a nutshell, I want to know everything. How do you like it? Is it difficult to get around? Are there bus systems? Are they reasonably on-time? Etc. etc. etc.

Guadalajara Forum

Our Global Partners