Join now

Working in Guadalajara

Currently I am teaching ESL in Istanbul, Turkey. I have a job offer in Guadalajara pending. However, the pay sounds pretty low though I am comparing it to Turkey/US/Mexico information online. I would really appreciate some help with this decision. The company teaches adults in their facility or at business locations. My hourly rate ranges from 90 pesos to Protected content hour depending on in house or corporate location. I am offered approximately Protected content a month. At the low end that puts me at around $600 US per month.

They do not offer any housing allowance, travel allowance, private insurance, end of contract bonus or temporary housing when I get there. All of those perks were included in the package I received when I came to Istanbul.

I would love to hear from anyone who can advise me if this is standard practice (wage & benefits) in Mexico. Also if I can live on that income.

My US home is in California and I am very ready to work closer to home so I would like to pursue Mexico as an alternative to here.

Thanks in advance for any information you may be able to provide, not necessarily limited to my direct inquires.

Guadalajara Forum

Our Global Partners