Join now

Brief intro / opportunities for my friend? (Guangzhou)

Greetings -- just moved a couple of months ago to Guangzhou to take a professorship in electronic/computer music. Just starting to explore social outlets in the area (up to this point, I had a large project with some dancers in the US that took priority over everything else, but with its completion, I'm free to look around).

Would love to chat with like-minded folks.

I'm also keeping my eyes open for social and work opportunities for a close friend. He's Chinese born, lived in the US for 12 years, and moved back to be closer to family. Unfortunately he doesn't have social or family contacts in Guangzhou, making it harder than it should be to make inroads, even for native Chinese (or maybe especially -- [light-skinned] foreigners get extra-special-nice treatment here, but he's just a "regular guy").
In other words, he's native Chinese but in the same position as expats...

In the US, he worked as a programmer but wants to work with people now. He would really like to get into teaching or tutoring. After 12 years in the US, he's completely fluent in English and can also offer Chinese lessons to foreigners. Very strong math/science background (graduated from Tsinghua Protected content tutor those subjects as well. Willing to tutor in small groups or individually. Located in Panyu, near Nancun.

Drop a note if you're interested, not what somebody who is interested, or have any leads for schools/training centers.

Also looking for social groups -- cooking clubs? Basic level badminton partners?

See you 'round!

James

Guangzhou Forum

Our Global Partners