English Language University Lecturers, Dongguan (Guangzhou)
Dongguan University of Technology (DGUT), Dongguan, South China in partnership with Le Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM), Paris, France - English Language Lecturers, 126, Protected content RMB (annual salary, depending on qualifications and experience Protected content RMB in holiday bonuses + other benefits
Dongguan University of Technology (DGUT) was founded in April Protected content was ratified by the Ministry of Education in March Protected content start conferring bachelor’s degrees. DGUT is the first university in Dongguan, with two campuses – Songshan Lake campus and Guancheng campus – and around 15,000 students.
The Conservatoire national des arts et métiers (CNAM) in Paris, founded in Protected content , is a doctoral-degree-granting higher education establishment and grande école in engineering operated by the French government. With nearly Protected content centres in France, and a presence in many other countries around the world, CNAM offers adults of all ages the tools they need in the workplace.
As a result of a partnership agreement between DGUT and CNAM, the DGUT-CNAM Institute (DCI) was opened at DGUT’s Guancheng Campus in Protected content . The DCI is the result of the integration and optimisation of education and teaching concepts from both China and France, which aims to prepare graduates for the global engineering requirements of the future.
Students enrolled in the DCI are taught the majority of their classes in English, with the intention that they will study part of their degree in Paris on programmes taught by CNAM in English. The English Language Department is responsible for ensuring that the students are prepared for both the language and academic requirements of studying their major course of study (currently, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and communications engineering) in English, as well as preparing them to pass language examinations (CET/TOEIC).
Our students study in small classes (a maximum of 25 students) and benefit from one-to-one tutorials with staff frequently throughout the academic year. As well as focusing on improving their listening, speaking, writing, and reading, we also work on English to prepare them for academic life (e.g. report writing, presenting, research skills) and on the language that they will require to study within their chosen discipline.
All teaching materials are provided, which have been custom-written for the project, although we are always developing our courses and improving our programmes in response to student feedback and the strengths of our staff. You will be expected to teach Protected content a week (class time is 1.5 hours), depending on requirements, while the remaining hours are free for curriculum development, research, preparing papers for publication, and tutorials.
Applicants for this position must:
•Hold a Master’s degree
•Have completed an EFL teaching certificate
•Hold a passport from a native-English-speaking country
•Have a minimum of two-years’ teaching experience
•Be able to pass criminal background and medical checks
Preference will be given to applicants who:
•Hold a Master’s or a PhD in fields related to English, TESOL, or engineering
•Have experience and an interest in course development and design
•Have experience and an interest in publishing academic research
•Have formerly taught in higher education institutions
•Can speak French or Chinese
Benefits of Employment
- Monthly Salary: 10, Protected content RMB a month (pre-tax) dependent on previous qualifications and experience.
- Annual Bonuses: 11,000 RMB (tax free) in festival bonuses paid throughout the year (e.g. on Teachers’ Day, National Day).
- Accommodation Allowance: Accommodation is provided free-of-charge on campus, or a subsidy of 2,500 RMB a month will be paid towards accommodation costs in private accommodation. Two weeks’ free accommodation on campus is provided to new teachers as part of welcome and induction to the city.
- Lunch Allowance: Free lunch is provided daily in the university canteen (dining card provided).
- Accident/Disability Insurance: Provided free-of-charge.
- Medical Insurance: Optionally provided, with both employee and employer contributing to costs.
- Air Fares: One return flight to your home country per annum (paid at end of academic year).
- Holidays: 6 weeks paid leave in winter (end of January - beginning of March), 6 weeks paid leave in summer (end of July - beginning of September), and various other shorter holidays throughout the academic year according to the Chinese public holiday schedule (e.g. festivals).
Application should be made to: Dr Robyn Bray, MA (Hons), MLitt, MSc, PhD (Glas) - Protected content
Please attach a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position.