Join now

History Exploring with Local Guides for Charity (Guangzhou)

Hello! I am a local in Guangzhou and currently working with a scientific organizaiton as a manager for international cooperation.

Is anyone here in Guangzhou interested in spending some hours or a day with me and my friend, who is a professional tour guide, in exploring local historic sites for a small sum of money (up to Protected content per head depending on the number of participants and the sites to visit)? The money will be given to a large charitable event called Walking Proud (益动广州).

Walking Proud was organized by the Guangdong Harmony Foundation and the China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation to raise funds for philanthropic programs implemented by front-line charitable organizations. As participants of the event, my three teammates and I completed 10.1 km of hiking on December 14 together with over Protected content to arouse public attention and promised to collect as a team at least Protected content for the event within one month after that. For more information about the event, please visit Protected content only in Chinese); for our team’s donation update, please go to Protected content .

As far as I know, lots of foreigners here in Guangzhou are eager to learn about the local history and tradition, but have failed to do so because of the absence of good tourism service for foreigners, especially competent tour guides that both speak fluent English and have adequate knowledge of the local culture. My friend and I would be the ones that fill that gap. We will try our best to provide you with a professional cultural tour that introduces you to the quintessence of the Lingnan civilization. Suggested scenic spots to visit include the Chen Clan Academy (陈家祠), the Lizhi Bay (荔枝湾),the Yuexiu Park (越秀公园), and the Nanyue King Mausoleum (南越王墓). Any suggestion about the tour route is welcome.

Since the campaign closes on January 14, the tour is expected to be held before the deadline. Please feel free to contact me through Protected content if you are interested in the offer.

Guangzhou Forum

Our Global Partners