Join now

Interview of European SMEs internationalized China (Guangzhou)

Dear all,

I introduce myself, Grégoire Monnoyer, I am a last year student at the "Louvain School of Management" (LSM) in Belgium. Actually, I am taking part at a 6 months internship in the offices of the Belgian Consulate in Guangzhou. In parallel, I am working on the redaction of a thesis. The topic is to analyse the advantages and disadavantages of four different entry modes (Exporting, Licensing/Franchising, Joint-Venture and Wholly owned subsidiaries) on the Chinese markets for Belgian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

If your enterprise fullfil the European criteria of SMEs, that is to say, less than Protected content and an annual turnover not higher than 50 millions euros and/or an annual balance sheet not exceeding 43 millions euros, then your experience is interesting me. Indeed, I am currently working on the gathering of informations, based on a qualitative analysis, of Belgian SMEs which have been internationalized in China through one of these 4 for-mentioned ways.

I would very appreciate if I can meet with someone of your management which took part to the entrance process in China. Effectively, I would take this opportunity to ask some questions in relation with the advantages and disadvantages of the entrance mode your company choose to develop the Chinese market.

If you wish, I can send in advance the survey guideline on which the interview will be based.

I am looking forward to hearing from you in the coming days.

Yours sincerely,

Guangzhou Forum

Our Global Partners