A. Job Purpose:
The Plant Manager’s primary responsibilities include the set up of modern management and coordination of plant operations including accounting, inventory control, engineering, quality, production, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies. This is a ground floor opportunity with excellent growth potential based out of Shenzhen, China for a well established North American Engineering Firm. The business involves the light assembly of plastic electromechanical product with the potential for integration of plastic injection molding. This is a North American/Chinese partnership.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
1. Recruit, direct, coach and mentor staff to ensure performance targets are being met.
2. Team and personnel management / development as well as succession planning
3. Over see and have direct input to the facility layout, production flow and material handling.
4. Implement Modern Manufacturing Philosophies such as; Lean, 6 Sigma, JIT, Kaizen, etc
5. Identify employee training requirements ensuring that it is scheduled, successfully completed and maintained.
6. Assume P&L responsibility including the development and achievement of budgetary goals to ensure the long-term viability of the plant.
7. Administration and Documentation Control management.
8. Production and Production Quality
9. Materials and Maintenance Management
10. Prepare management reporting as required.
11. Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are being met.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
1. Minimum Protected content experience in a management role in an assembly plant environment.
2. Proven track record with previous commissioning and start up experience is a must.
3. Strong technical capabilities related to process operations with automotive, plastics or electronics background.
4. Demonstrated experience in production planning, logistics and equipment maintenance.
5. Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
6. Consistently explore and develop new ideas process / techniques’ in a Continuous Improvement Environment.
7. Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization in a multi-cultural environment.
8. Strong financial, mathematical and analytical skills.
9. Solid computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel.
10. Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Management/Operations or equivalent.
11. Positive, flexible attitude highly motivated, results oriented and self driven