Join now

New to GZ (Guangzhou)

My husband, son, & I recently moved here from Texas, USA. We are really wanting to find expats in the area (Tianhe- Huamei Road area) who also have small children (ours will be 1 year old the 29th) and can understand the schedule needs of a small child, but also understand he need for adult companionship as well as the need for children to make friends. I understand it is important to network with expats soon after arriving to help negate the feel of culture shock, but so far the only people we are meeting here have either Protected content us once they realize the need of a more rigid schedule with a child or Protected content more interested in drinking & bar hopping (of which we have NO interest). So, if you are close by the area, and would like mature, yet fun and humorous companionship and don't mind the need to NOT stay out super late and would like to make friends with a couple that are sincere and loyal friends, please let me know! We've been here for 4 weeks and it's starting to feel a little lonely here.

Guangzhou Forum

Our Global Partners