Guangzhou is one of the cities in China to implement the 72-hour visa-free policy. Starting from August 1, Protected content , travelers transfer at the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport can enjoy a 72-hour visa-free stay inany place within Guangdong Province.
From December 1, six more countries: Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedoniaand Albania, have been included in 72-hour visa-free list.
Travelers from the six countries, who hold valid international travel documents and air tickets, transiting Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu airport and intending to visit a third country, will be able to stay in specified areas for three days without a visa. At present, 51 countries' passenger can apply for 72-hour visa-free.
24 European Schengen visa agreement countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic,Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy,Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia,Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland;
7 European countries: Russia, Great Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine;
six American countries:United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile;
6 Asian countries: Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei,the United Arab Emirates, Qatar;
2 Oceania countries: Australia, New Zealand.
Things Must Know:
• Foreign citizens, who can enjoy the new 72-hour visa-free policy, must hold valid passports or effective international travel documents, meet the entry requirements of the destination countries or regions and possess the flight tickets or relevant documents with confirmed dates and seats to the third country or region within 72 hours via the Capital Airport.
• Tourists shall prepare the departure tickets ready before entering Guangzhou. Those who do not book the flight tickets are not in the beneficiary list of 72-hour visa-free stay. Additionally, 72-hour visa-free policy is only for passengers from Guangzhou Airport. Those who enter Guangzhou from other transportation means such as railways can not enjoy this policy.
• Visa-free visitors can stay in Guangzhou for up to 72 hours. During this period, they are not allowed to leave Guangzhou for other provinces or cities without permission. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport shall be the final departure port as well. In case of force majeure, layover visitors can apply for visa with Guangzhou Entry-Exit related department.
Procedures of 72-hour Visa-Free Layover:
• Hold valid passports and book the flight ticket to the third country within 72 hours.
• The airlines shall offer the 72-hour visa-free declaration services for their passengers at the arrival of Guangzhou, if you’d like to stay in Guangzhou for a while, please declare to your airlines first.
• Visiting passengers enter the inspection field and fill the entry declaration card in the appointed area.
Notes: If passengers have purchased the tickets and the airlines have already declared for them at the same time, they can enjoy a fast entry with authentic identity documents.
If you want to get more information about Chin visa application/extension, please call Protected content , or email to Protected content , and welcome to Room924, Office Tower, Garden Hotel, Huanshidong Rd., Guangzhou, China (Line5, Taojin Exit A).