Join now

Customs Broker and SAT (Guatemala City)

Hello,

I'm really hoping someone here can give me some advice or point me in the direction of someone who can help. I was unsure where to post this, so if I'm in the wrong category feel free to move it to the right one.

A brief, not too specific background:

My company imports goods from the US via ocean freight to sell in stores located around Guatemala. We have been in business around 2 years, and lately have been running into some ridiculous obstacles. We think our biggest problem is we lack an English speaking customs broker. That was fine because we never had any problems like the ones we're having lately. Recently, however, she has been making claims that we don't have the proper invoices, we undervalue our products, and she has been unable to get us fairly taxed by SAT. I understand SAT is it's own type of problem, but we fully follow all international trade laws, fully conform to the CAFTA on all invoices and customs practices, and always honestly value our products based on what we paid for them.

What I'm looking for is an English speaking customs broker or, at the least, an experienced broker who isn't going to jerk us around with unreasonable claims and can handle SAT so we stop getting ridiculous taxes. If there's anyone I can sit down and talk with about these problems, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adam Weger
Stac Distributing
Protected content

Guatemala City Forum

Our Global Partners