Join now

Free Preview of New Book About Moving to Ecuador (Guayaquil)

Views

If you don't live in Ecuador yet and would like some insights into realistic expectations for daily living in Cuenca and all of Ecuador - including all the different CHARACTER TYPES of expats who live here - I think you would find my new book enlightening.

It's entitled "Relocating to Ecuador - Eyes Wide OPEN".

Sub-title: Quick-Reading Do's and Don'ts That the Author Wishes Had Been Available to Clarify Things Before His Own Move to Cuenca.

You can download the free preview of the book for immediate viewing (no contact info required) or purchase it at: Protected content .

Terry Roberts - Author
=======================
Book Description

Note: this Protected content , full-color book includes 35 photographs that capture the beauty, colorfulness and spirit of Ecuador.

For several years now, Ecuador has been a hot destination for gringo relocation. There have been plenty of online resources spreading information and disinformation about Ecuador as a retirement or part-time living destination.

As of this writing, I’ve lived in Cuenca, Ecuador, for 20 months after moving here sight unseen. My intention going in, and to this day, is to live here the remainder of my days.

Having arrived, I now have a terrific cadre of both gringo and Ecuadorian friends in Cuenca who continually share experiences with one another about theirs and other gringos’ relocations to Ecuador.

Much of the important stuff to think about regarding moving to Ecuador is out there—but it’s scattered all over creation. And the little gold nuggets of knowledge that you really need to guide you get lost in the mayhem.

In this book, I focus largely on clarifying topics that I’ve found to be confusing, elusive, under-appreciated, and/or misunderstood. I’ve drawn the insights and recommendations from my own experience, those of other expats who I’ve gotten to know, and from facilitators who specialize in helping expats here navigate through the maze of getting settled and daily living.

It is also written in bulleted style, with keywords in bold type, so you can scan the information quickly, as needed, when needed, to find answers.

Many expats who relocate overseas need to supplement their incomes in some manner—if only by several hundred dollars a month. One thing about this book that truly sets it apart is the robust section on doing business online from wherever you live, especially the many, many advantages of selling information online (commonly called infopreneuring). Such businesses can completely avoid the challenges of navigating the maze of legally starting a business in a foreign country and dealing with the language barrier.

Ok, back to your prospects of happiness in Ecuador: Here's a big hint about your potential happiness here. It’s all about the "software", not the "hardware"!!!

In that analogy, the "software" is all the programming (read baggage) that you carry around in your head. Obviously, it travels with you wherever you go, meaning you don’t change it merely by moving. (Or, as someone once quipped, “Wherever you go, there you are!”)

The "hardware" is the environment in which you live—in this case Ecuador, more specifically, Cuenca, Ecuador.

My point is, Ecuador is Ecuador. Like most anywhere, it has pleasant attributes—in Ecuador’s case, many of them—and a few potentially off-putting attributes. It is what it is. Your attitude determines your response to both.

Everyone experiences everything through their unique filters (programming). And that programming has Protected content more impact on how you view your life experience than the environment itself.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, let me be abundantly clear that while Ecuador has all the idiosyncrasies presented below, I love my life in Cuenca, Ecuador. The book includes a list of the things I personally love and am grateful for every day.

Guayaquil Forum

Our Global Partners