Join now

Migration studies research: call for interviews (Gurgaon)

Views

**If you are someone who was born and raised abroad and has moved to India to settle for one year or more and would like to share your migration experiences with us, please consider participating in this study**

Hi everyone! I hope your lives are treating you fabulously well (: Your presence and the work you are doing here is truly trailblazing an emergent migratory trend. Consider yourselves trendsetters! I'm posting a call for interviews here for my professor, Fulbright-Nehru Scholar, Melissa Myambo's research project:

Please read the description below and contact me ( Protected content ) or Melissa if you would like to participate.

Here is the call for interviews sent via my professor:
"My name is Melissa Myambo. I have a PhD from New York University and am currently a Fulbright-Nehru scholar affiliated with the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies in Delhi. I am conducting research on contemporary patterns of migration, in particular on people who are leaving industrialized countries (Germany, Sweden, Canada etc.) to move to China, India and South Africa.

I have recently completed the South African phase of the research thanks to a Vice-Chancellor’s postdoctoral fellowship at University of Cape Town and a Mellon postdoctoral fellowship at University of California, Los Angeles. I am now beginning the India phase of research.

I am interested in why people are choosing to migrate to India post Protected content . I am looking in particular at the motivations and experiences of highly-skilled migrants from industrialized countries who have been here at least a year or plan to spend a year or more here.

There is hardly any existing research on this topic so:
If you consider yourself to be highly-skilled (e.g. you have a university degree or some special skills in a certain area)
and

you were born or raised mostly in an industrialized country (e.g. in the EU, UK, North America etc.)
and

you would be so kind as to sit down for an interview of about Protected content at a convenient time and place for you some time in March/April/May, please email me at Protected content .

I will be conducting interviews in Delhi, Bangalore and Bombay about your experience of moving to and living in India. Topics covered will depend very much on what you think is relevant/important as I hope you will help me to develop new knowledge about the migration experience in India.

*N.B. Your real name will not be used* (unless you specifically request me to do so). Participants will not be paid and participants can choose what information to share or not share.

If you have any questions, need more clarification or would like to participate in this research, please email me at Protected content in order to set up an interview time that best suits you.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please forward to anyone who might be interested!

Warm regards,
MM
Dr. Melissa Tandiwe Myambo
Fulbright-Nehru Scholar, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, Delhi, India
Research Associate, Centre for Indian Studies in Africa, Wits University, Johannesburg, South Africa

Gurgaon Forum

Our Global Partners