Join now

Opportunity to move to Gurgaon

Hi,

I am currently based in Singapore and I have an opportunity to move to Gurgaon. I have a young family, my wife, 2-year old boy and myself. I am writing to check on cost of living and possible locations that will be good for a young family to stay in.

The company is still finalising my package but I would like to know what is the cost of living so that I can determine if the package is right.

Just a few notes on lifestyle as I know cost of living can be different according to lifestyle:

1. Ideally, I would like to have one maid and one driver (with car or do I have to buy one myself?). Mainly for my wife I guess so that she can go around without having to worry too much.

2. My kid currently goes to kids gym, music classes and swim lessons and he enjoys them a lot. I would like the same as well. What are the range of rates for a good playschool?

3. What is rent like for a good, spacious Protected content place? What is the average utilities for a family of three (or four if I grow my family while I am there)?

4. How much does one spend on groceries? On average for a family of 3-4.

I know it is a lot of questions, but any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Gurgaon Forum

Our Global Partners