Join now

German Learning Community in Hamburg

Hi, I'm a 21 y.o. student who has just moved to Hamburg, Germany. I'm planning to study life sciences subject (Biotechnology, Biology) here in German language.

My current Niveau is somewhere around B2, but I want to get C1 before October in order to be able to complete the TestDaF Prüfung before next summer semester Protected content Protected content , which is required for non-German applicants.

I've been visiting language courses for a while, but I find it very costly and not so effective. My personal idea is that by communicating with each other, people learn the language more quickly and intuitively other than just memorizing words and doing exercises in books, even if their skill-level isn't so high.

What I would like to do is to organize a community of expats in Hamburg, who are planning to study in Hamburg or in other university or just want to improve their German skills in order to achieve good knowledge of German (C1 level) in a relatively short amount of time.

The group would organize it's meetings once in a period of time in places like libraries and dedicate it's time to practice communication with each other. No matter if you are a A1 or B2, you could always come and learn something new from other members, or share your own knowledge and tips and tricks you found out while learning alone or in a language course.

A brief program of topics could be also made in order to progress in grammar knowledge or some subject-related Wortschatz, but the main stress would be always put in a communication between members in German language.

And, at last, I find amazing that this all would be totally free and would provide us an opportunity not only to learn a language, but also to meet amazing people and find new friends. After all, all of us expats have a common story to share - we've all started somewhere else and decided to make a change and move to this beautiful city. ))

I'm currently looking for people who would be interested in this idea. If you find the idea interesting and would also like to participate in it, you can contact me on following links:

Facebook - Táňa Krymovská, Protected content

e-mail - Protected content

or in send me a message on InterNations ;)

Hamburg Forum

Our Global Partners