Lost your keys, credit cards or money here or on h (Hamburg)
Ok, you’ve arrived in Germany and have settled in to your new life in a foreign country. Which means, you have had to get everything organised from scratch. New bank accounts, new credit cards, new address, you now have new keys for your apartment etc.
Not only have you gotten that all sorted out, you’ve done it in a country which speaks a different language. It’s a great feeling I have to say; making your way in a foreign country.
Now, who in their lifetime up until now has lost their keys, purse/wallet at some stage? Or even worse, had these stolen? It’s a right pain in the neck, calling all sorts of different telephone numbers, cancelling bank cards, cash cards and credit cards. Worse still, what happens if this happens to you on holiday? No credit cards, no passport, no money! I think we can all relate to this situation right?
“What’s the point of this Glyn” I hear you ask.
As many of you know, I am an independent financial adviser for ex pats in Germany. I have helped many many people get started in Germany, with their insurance needs.
But, what I haven’t been able to do is offer something to you all, which can help in the situation I have described above.
I am a truly independent insurance broker, who belongs to the broker house Mayflower Capital. And until the 31st of March, Mayflower Capital is offering the “Sicherheits Paket”/ Safety Pack.
The Safety Pack includes:-
1. A special key fob that you can attach to your keys. If you lose your keys and they are found, all the person has to do who finds them, is dump them in a letter box, and the German postal service deliver they keys back to you. Now, I know this sort of service isn’t new…..but it’s what’s coming next that is an excellent service:-
2. 24 hours, 7 days a week Key Service. Protected content you have lost your keys, and you need somebody to come and open your front door for you, then with one phone call to the Safety Pack hotline, they can find you a qualified person (Germany wide direct service) to get this done AND will pay €150 towards to cost of this service (per year).
3. 24 hours, 7 days a week Bank/Credit Card and Document protection service. If your cards or passport are stolen or lost, with one phone call the Safety Pack hotline (with integrated card/document protection), can cancel and block ALL of your bank and credit cards and can send out copies of all your important documents (passports, Birth certificates etc.) to wherever you are in the world. You obviously have to have registered your cards and given copies of your important documents in for this to be possible.
4. 24 hours, 7 days a week “Emergency Money” service. Protected content the scene, you’re on holiday, and all of a sudden you have no money because your purse/wallet has been stolen. What do you do? There’s no way you can get money…..your purse/wallet has gone. With one phone call to the Safety Pack service hotline, they will arrange, in case of an emergency, a cash payment of up to € Protected content you at your holiday resort. (This money does need to be paid back though)
5. The phone number you need to call is the same for everything…..one number. All done.
Normally this Safety Pack would cost €39.90 per year, but up until the end of March Protected content , Mayflower is giving this away, for nothing. Now, I’ve looked through this and I tried to find the catch…………who in this day and age, would do something like this, for nothing?
Well, this is Mayflower Capital's advertising. They don’t spend millions of Euro’s on fancy advertising campaigns. This is their way of spreading the word, that in the world of financial advice in Germany, they are here to help. Simple as that.
If you would like some info about these Safety Pack’s (I am in the process of translating these into English, so have patience. This will take some time), just let me know and I will send you the info’s through to you. I’ll even help you fill them out if you would like me to.
So, before I finish up here, ask yourselves:-
If I got locked out of my house, would I want somebody to pay up to €150 towards helping me get back into my house/apartment?
If I lost my passport, bank cards and credit cards, would I want somebody to help me cancel ALL my cards at the same time and send me copies of my passport to wherever I was in the world?
If I was on holiday, and I lost my purse/wallet and I had NO money, would I want somebody to help me, and send me up to € Protected content cash to help me get by?
If the answers to these questions are all yes, let me know and I will send you some info
All the very best to you all