Join now

Moving from Greece to Hamburg

This is my first thread here so I take this chance to say hello to the community and introduce myself a bit. I am thirty years old, coming from Hannover and living in a small village near Hannover till I move to Hamburg in March where I will live with my best friend and my fiancé. I am somewhat a freelancer painting little miniatures for others. Besides that I am educated in information technology what I no one of you will read because knowing about hard- and software makes you the one for everything pc related and this can be pretty time consuming. :D
My better half keeps calling me baka(friendly meaning of idiot) for a reason since I am pretty spiritually minded/ a dreamer and don´t get what happens around me more often than not. Kind of the "crazy professor" who forget to get pants on in the morning because there is something worth thinking of. Well and I do crazy things a lot or well, others call them crazy I call them funny. John Lennon once said something that suits me pretty well yet I dont like it sometimes but what can I do? I am how I am and I somewhat love me so why should I try to change? :D

“I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.”
― John Lennon

A pretty gentle and usually nice freak I might add.

Since my fiancé wants to come to Hamburg we in the planning phase so to say. I for myself was about to go to the UK some years ago so I went through this a bit yet but still could use some input. From what I know it´s easy to switch as long as you are EU citizen but she is a bit like "Meh, I need a thousand papers and whatnot." So it´s my turn to get the facts straight.
Second topic is, how difficult is it to find a job in Hamburg? She´s speaking English, Greek and a bit Thai since she is originally from Thailand. I think it´s not too hard but who am I?

Hamburg Forum

Our Global Partners